We are 11 friends living in a big house in Koreatown, sharing food, art, life, and space! We are looking for people who are interested in sustainable living, sharing resources, respecting each other and neighbors, and contributing to the community with their knowledge, skills, and heart.
The opening is for a shared room. Everyone in the house pays $525 for rent, utilities, and food each month. People of color and LGBTQ+ folks are encouraged to apply.* Just a note about our ‘deal breakers’: we are currently unable to accept people who are full time caretakers of cats or children.
- Tell us a little bit about yourself. (interests, nickname, hometown, pronouns, etc.)
- Tell us about your experience with community. Have you ever lived with other people, or been a member of a group?
- In which ways would you expect to contribute to the house and/or community, and what would you hope to gain?
- Talk about a time that you were in conflict, and how it was resolved. How do you typically deal with conflict?
- What are you passionate about?
- What do you like to do in your free time?
- What are your ‘deal breakers’? (allergic to dogs/bees, etc.)
- How do you feel about being around people who are consuming alcohol or other substances?
- How do you maintain your financial stability? (job, student loans, savings, etc.)
- If you moved in, how long would you see yourself living at Synchronicity?
- When are you looking to move in? When’s your deadline for an answer from us?
- Please give us a few references that we can call – include former roommate(s) and/or landlord(s), if possible!
*Synchronicity L.A. is committed to creating a community that values diversity and fosters inclusion. This includes differences in age, ethnicity, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, economic circumstance, religion, ability and profession.